What You REALLY Need To Know About Your Ideal Clients
Ain’t nobody got time for wasted time. When it comes time to write content for:
- Your website and landing pages
- Your social media captions
- Your email marketing campaigns and funnels
- Your webinars
- Your juicy product and service pages
- And, everything else in between
You need to cut through the mess that is the online world and speak to your audience in a way that makes them stop, take notice, and take action.
It’s a noisy marketplace out there. And, if you want to be seen, loved, and selling with the people who you can help the most (ie. your ideal customer), you’re probably going to have to approach the way you write in a completely different way.
Spend Less Time Focusing On These Questions
When it comes to understanding your ideal client and writing in a way that appeals to them, the best advice I can give you is to spend LESS TIME focusing on things like:
- The kind of car they drive
- The music they listen to
- The kind of TV shows they watch
These are all great, but they tell you nothing about their PAINS, their needs, and their wants.
The Questions You Should Be Asking NOW
Instead, try focusing on answering these questions when it comes to your ideal clients:
- Where are they at in their business?
- Are they just starting up? Scaling?
- How much money do they make?
- What are their biggest, hairiest pains? How do you SOLVE these pains?
And, here are the really, REALLY good questions:
- What results do they really want in their business?
- What are their business goals?
- What prevents them from reaching these goals?
- What are their struggles?
- How do these struggles manifest in their everyday lives?
- How do you plan on helping them solve these problems to get them the results they want?
Pull up a chair (or raise that standing desk), get comfy, and get to work on answering these questions. Send out surveys, reconnect with customers who have purchased from you in the past, do 1:1’s with people in your network who you THINK would be your ideal customers.
When you get answers to these above questions in their own words, you’ve struck gold. Their answers will guide how you structure your content and how you speak to your customer at every stage of your sales and marketing.
Give these tips a try and let me know how it goes!
Not interested in diving in on your own? Send me a message and let’s see if we can work together to make your content and business stand out from the crowd! 😘